Are you interested in breaking into the MSL role but don't know how?
Have you applied to multiple job posts and never receive a response back except canned rejection letters?
Do you know how to address your lack of MSL experience?
Do you wish you knew what actual hiring managers were looking for in a candidate?
Then this unique online training program is for you!
Due to multiple requests the MSL Society has launched this unique online training program dedicated exclusively to aspiring MSLs.
What you will learn:
The program will teach you what you need to do to successfully break into the highly competitive Medical Science Liaison career including:
- What is the MSL role and its purpose
- How hundreds of MSLs broke into their first role
- What activities MSLs actually do
- How to research the role, companies and hiring managers
- How to effectively network with MSLs and hiring managers
- Why most applications get rejected and what you can do about it
- The proper format and what to include in your CV
- What salary to expect as a new MSL
- How to address your lack of MSL experience
- What MSL hiring managers are looking for from a candidate
Learn from experienced and current MSL hiring managers
What makes this training unique is that it is facilitated by those that have actually been or are currently MSL managers, have hired MSLs, interviewed MSLs, and reviewed MSL CVs. The trainers have direct experience on what makes a candidate successful, and what does not.
The program will be facilitated by Dr. Samuel Jacob Dyer, author of the best selling book "The Medical Science Liaison Career Guide: How to Break into Your First Role" who will share his years of experience as a hiring manager at some of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies and as Chairman of the Board for the MSL Society. Dr. Dyer has coached, interviewed, and reviewed the CVs of countless MSL candidates. His insights and guidance have resulted in numerous candidates successfully breaking into their first MSL role.
Furthermore, the training will feature current MSL hiring managers who will provide their perspective on what it takes to successfully break into your first role and insights on what they are looking for in a candidate (scroll down the page to see their profiles). You will also have the opportunity to ask ALL your questions.
We guarantee this program and the bonus resources will improve your chances of breaking into your first MSL role!
Benefits Of Attending
A free SIGNED copy of the “The Medical Science Liaison Career Guide: How to Break into Your First Role” (shipped to you after the program) $50 Value
The Medical Science Liaison Career Guide: How to Break into Your First Role will show you, step by step, how to search for, apply, and interview for your first MSL role. The book reveals strategies for standing apart from the competition, what hiring managers look for when considering candidates, and what gets the right candidates hired.
"Having interviewed and hired countless MSLs, I am sure that Dr. Dyer’s book will be an excellent resource for MSL job-seekers. Dr. Dyer demystifies the process for individuals looking to break into the MSL role and provides practical advice and guidance. Not only does he cover the basics in terms of the job search and interview preparation, but he also provides a pragmatic approach to using social media. This book is sure to become a go-to reference for MSL applicants!"
DONNA HOLDER - Senior Director, Global MSL Excellence
Read more feedback here.
1-year membership to the MSL Society $300 Value
MSL Society membership will provide numerous valuable resources to help you understand the MSL role and learn how to speak the language of the role during interviews. Benefits of MSL Society membership include:
- Unlimited complimentary full reports and slides of global research and surveys conducted by the MSL Society including:
- 1st ever global MSL Salary and Compensation survey
- 2015 MSL Performance & Competencies Report
- 2015 Global MSL Job Satisfaction Survey
- 2015 Global MSL KPI and Metrics Survey
- Complimentary digital subscription to our recently launched peer-reviewed journal - The MSL: Journal of the Medical Science Liaison Society
- Access to the recordings of all of our webinars from our new “MSL Expert Webinar” series
- Increased Member Discount to attend all live MSL Society conferences
- A Discount for our Professional MSL Board Certification
Engage with Current MSL Hiring Managers $121,000 Value! (OK - this is the average first year MSL Salary in U.S.)
One of the unique aspects to this training is the ability for you to ask current hiring managers direct questions. During the registration process, you will have the opportunity to submit questions which will then be addressed throughout the training. If there are any unanswered questions (due to time restrictions), these will be addressed via personalized follow up emails.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to get a deeper understanding of the role and what it takes to begin your career as an MSL by engaging directly with current MSL hiring managers.